Cantus holds annual auditions for singers interested in joining the ensemble regardless if there is a known opening or not. Cantus is made up of nine singers (five tenors, two baritones and two basses) who are provided with annual contracts for full-time salaries with benefits and six weeks of vacation. Cantus is based in Minneapolis, MN, and tours an average of 13 weeks a year in addition to a home concert series, an active schedule of education outreach and an annual recording project.
Auditions for Cantus’ 2015-2016 season will take place on February 20, 2015, in Minneapolis, MN, following preliminary review of application materials and notification of finalists. Applications can be mailed or submitted electronically, and must be postmarked or uploaded by January 2, 2015. Finalists will be notified by January 16, 2015.
Application submissions must include the following:
- Application form: This form can be used as a fillable PDF or printed out. (Please note: some versions of Acrobat will not let you save the information in a fillable form. If you are not able to save or print as a PDF, you may use this Word document.)
- Cover Letter (pdf only)
- Headshot (1MB or less for electronic submissions)
- Resume (maximum of 2 pages, pdf only)
- A collection of recordings (mp3 only) that include the following:
- At least two varying vocalises of your choice
- Three solo repertoire selections. At least one of these must be an aria. At least one of these must be in a language other than English.
NOTE: Please be sure to send all required materials, including a completed application and cover letter.
To submit electronically (strongly preferred):
- Go to http://www.dropitto.me/cantusauditions (Password: cantussings)
- Please put your last name on all file names (“yourlastname-resume.pdf”)
- Please compress all files into one zipped file with the following title format: “yourlastname-auditionmaterials.zip”. This is preferred but files may also be uploaded individually.
To submit by mail, send all required materials in one packet to:
1221 Nicollet Avenue Suite 231
Minneapolis, MN 55403
Please write firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions. We look forward to your submission!